.

Tuesday 23 November 2010

George Nail Polishes

So here is my 1st review and it is on George (from Asda) nail polishes. I found the new George make up range at my local Asda yesterday so I just had to treat myself to some of the nail polishes. At just £1.50 each they are a bargin so who can resist?
So below are the swatches of the 4 colours I purchased.
Left to right ... Jackpot, Mysterious, Indigo Dazzle & Confusion


Jackpot .. This is a very fine silver glitter. Ideal if you want descrete nails or I think it would be great to use over the top of a colour to give it some extra sparkle. I used 4 coats on my clean nail just to try to get the sparkle to show on the photo.
Mysterious.. A lovely purple with a hint of metallic. I found this 1 a little bit bitty but it gave great coverage and only needed 2 coats to totally cover the nail.
Indigo Dazzle .. Gorgeous indigo colour with very fine glitter to give it a lovely shimmer. I think this is my favourit of the 4. It did need 3 coats but for £1.50 it wouldn't matter if it needed 4. When the natural light hits this it gives a lovely blend of indigo and purple with the fine glitter giving it a lovely sparkle. Great to use on a night out.
Confusion .. This is a lovely deep magenta/purple/red. Very hard to describe but it is really nice. I only needed 2 coats with this 1 and it gave really good coverage. This is my 2nd favourit.

Overall review .. There are some lovely colours in the collection with a wide variety to suit every-one. The brushes are a good size and what you would expect for the price and for just £1.50 each who can grumble? I can't wait to try some of the other colours in the collection.


Thanks for reading
xx RACHEL

1 comment:

  1. We don't have an Asda near us but if I ever get near one these sound good - £1.50, you can't go wrong really!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

Cannock, Staffordshire, United Kingdom
Hi I'm Rachel, 28 years old and I'm a full time mummy to a 5year old boy & a 3 year old girl. I love all things crafty and especially love nail polish.