.

Friday 3 December 2010

Snow And Ice

I had a very eventfull morning. 1st off my ice scraper broke half way through clearing my car windscreen so I had to sit there for 5 minuets waiting for the ice on the outside and INSIDE to melt. When I was finally able to see through the windscreen I was unable to get up the drive. My driveway is a little slope, not very steep and I've never had a problem getting up it in the snow but this morning I got stuck half way up. So after 10 minuets of wheel spinning, rolling backwards and getting very irritated I gave up and abandoned my car at the bottom of the drive and jump in my moms car. Thinking that a Vauxhall Zafera would handle the snow and ice better than a Renault Megane I set off for school, at this point the kids were already 10 minuets late. Got the kids to school 20 minuets late but got there in 1 piece. On the way back I was approaching a junction and breaked very slowly to avoid skidding but instead of stopping I carried on sliding across the road. All I can say is I'm so glade no cars were coming.
What a morning. Usually I love the snow but this morning I hated it and can't wait for it to melt.
Take care out there every-one.


XX
Rachel

2 comments:

  1. Yikes! That sounds completely nerve-wracking. Hope we get a thaw soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love snow when I have no where to go. I'm glad you managed to get home with no accidents.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

Cannock, Staffordshire, United Kingdom
Hi I'm Rachel, 28 years old and I'm a full time mummy to a 5year old boy & a 3 year old girl. I love all things crafty and especially love nail polish.